Summer Garden Party - Bank Holiday Saturday
Come along to our summer garden party on Saturday 27th May. There'll be al fresco dining and drinking as well as acoustic live music.Read more
Our Head Chef Chris Prow has been busy making his mark on our kitchen, updating our seasonal menus with his own brand of elegant British cooking. Here he shares the recipe for one of his favourite autumn dishes –
Pigeon with Puy Lentils, Black Pudding, Apricots & Pancetta Recipe
50g Puy lentils
1 Pigeon breast (oiled and seasoned with salt and pepper)
30g Pancetta (diced & cooked until crispy)
30g Black pudding (cooked & diced)
3 Dried apricots confit
60ml Red wine jus (70ml red wine, 30ml beef stock, 20g butter, 1 garlic clove)
Small pinch of pea shoots
1tsp Truffle oil (for the pea shoots)
For the Lentils
Soak for three hours and cook for 45 mins with the finely diced shallot, carrot and celery. (To save time on the day we recommend soaking the lentils the day before cooking).
For the Red Wine Jus
Melt the butter in a small pan, add garlic and stir for one minute.
Add wine and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes.
Add stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 10 to 12 minutes or until thickened. Season with salt and pepper.
1. Warm lentils in half the red wine jus and then put to the side.
2. Gently heat the remainder of the red wine jus.
3. Seal the pigeon breast in hot pan, turning occasionally. Add the butter and baste the breast liberally.
4. Place the confit apricots in the red wine jus.
5. Warm up the black pudding and pancetta.
6. Place the lentils on a plate, top with the pigeon breast, garnish with truffled pea shoots and drizzle the red wine sauce with apricots over the dish.
Finally, relax with a glass of red wine and enjoy!